Saturday, January 1, 2011

A mother's flutter

The mother-to-be was worried and flustered,
All around the place she fluttered,
‘Oh! I have to feed the kids in my womb,
Or in there, it’ll become their tomb,’
“I’ll do something my dears,
Put to rest all your fears.”

Through a window, she saw a well-lit house,
There a man stretched happily on a couch,
“He may help me,” she had a hunch,
She approached him straight, but ‘Punch!!!’
Her head swooned in agony and pain,
She thought she was going to faint,
Still she fought to try and recover,
She was already within his arm’s cover,
He made an effort towards another assault,
She gathered her strength and simply took off,
Far, far away she went from him,
Between gasps of breath her face was grim,
“Is it wrong, Oh God! To feed my kids?
The people out there are so acrid,
Am I asking for all their food?
Just striving for a mouthful.
But, God, I shall not cease,
Only after I feed my kids will I attain peace.”

Saying so, again she went,
Prying around for fresh food scent,
Not far away did she find,
A baby with its cup of grind,
She went up to it at full force,
Sucked away at its rosy toes,
“Waaaa!!!” It cried, the mother turned,
“Oh my darling!, what happened?”
She saw me drinking her baby’s blood,
Her anger came rushing in full flood,
Before she could hit me, I ran,
To make my nest and lay my clan,
“Mosquitoes are simply the worst”,
She did not understand another mother’s thirst…

1 comment:

  1. a very different way of potraying what a mother feels irrespective of wheter human or animal. a different outlook:)

    ReplyDelete